Email campaigns are a powerful marketing tool, used properly. As with any means of marketing, misuse can backfire. Here are 6 ways to run an email marketing campaign like a pro:
- Connect the email campaign to your overall marketing. Make sure that your email campaign is part of a wider campaign and ensure that they connect, they need to work together in content and endgame.
- Grow your database at every opportunity. Whenever you communicate with customers or clients, whether it is in store, on location, over the phone or online, get their email address.
- Never spam. There are strict rules in many countries regarding spam, make sure that your email campaign obeys these.
- Give them something. The best email campaigns offer the recipient something, whether it is information or some form of discount on future products or services, you need to have a genuine reason for contacting them.
- Make your subject line as informative and as attractive as possible. Many people will delete your email unless you can get their attention using the subject line.
- Set goals and track results. It is important to assess and evaluate the success of any email marketing campaign and then make changes so you can hone and improve it.